Hiking World-Famous Trails... virtually!
What would it be like to thru-hike a long-distance trail? Log your step here and trace your progress on one of 26 trails spanning 12,488 miles!
Explore your trek through maps, photos and videos. Before you know it, you’ll have walked hundreds of miles and still be itching to get in a few more to see that view around the next bend in the trail!
Signing up is easy and free!
- There’s a new premium member perk! Check out your route and the location of your friends with Google Earth! If you are a premium member, you’ll see a link for it on your Friends page and with the trail map on the My Walk page.
- Two years in the making.... Check out our newest trail and virtually hike from the Continental Divide to the Pacific Ocean along the Pacific Northwest Trail (PNT)!
- Read the stories about the hikes! Blogging now about the hike along the Pacific Northwest Trail (PNT) at Another Long Walk. New posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!
- The profile pages went through a major renovation and are better than ever! Take the interview and add a photo for your account!
- Premium members.... create your own custom route! You choose the starting point! You choose the finish line! And you choose the stops along the way! Start a virtual walk on your own custom route! (Don’t worry—you can continue your virtual walks on the standard trails at the same time.)
- Tired of looking at those annoying advertisements? Want to help support Walking 4 Fun more directly? Do both with a premium membership!
- Learn How to measure your stride
- 10 Stupid Easy Ways to Increase Your Step Count